It has been far too long since I last sent a newsletter. I’m not even sure many of you were here for the updates about my residency at RAIR, my time at the Watermill Center, or the biggest leap of all: moving with my family to Bali, Indonesia.
Since then, so much has changed. My daughter, Meilu, just turned four and completed her first year of school. Watching her grow has been one of the greatest gifts of my life, and as she’s become more independent, I’ve been able to return more deeply to the studio and begin a new chapter in my practice.
Living in Bali has transformed the way I work. I’ve spent the last few years relearning how recycled materials can shape a practice. Not only through their possibilities, but through their limitations. There have been exciting discoveries, but even more failures, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Experimentation has always been at the heart of what I do.
During this time I’ve also been thinking carefully about how I want to share work directly from the studio. Rather than waiting for exhibitions alone, I want to reconnect with the people who have supported my work over the years.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home